All your frequently asked questions answered.


I pay bench fees. Can I use them to pay for equipment to work from home?


In some cases. After pressure from the SU’s PG Officer, the Uni has now stated that bench fees can be considered to buy what PGRs need to work from home. The supervisor will still need to agree, and weigh up with future research needs and the requirements of a funder. The PG Officer is also pressing for doctoral students to be able to view their bench fee account, to see what funds are available.

Where can I find the latest information relating to Covid-19?


The Doctoral College provides regularly updated page of the latest guidance on how Coronavirus affects doctoral students , Coronavirus advice to doctoral students. It includes Covid-related University guidance and information on access to campus, impact on research, funding, working from home, wellbeing and more. 

Who can I speak to about having been sexually harassed?


If you've been affected by sexual harassment, there are different people in the University you can choose who to speak to:

Sexual harassment is not your fault, and all of those services can support you whether you want to make a formal complaint or just need someone to talk to. Each of these contacts is utterly confidential.

You can also choose to report the incident through the University's Report and Support tool. You can report anonymously if you prefer.

You can also report the incident to University Security call 01225 383999, or directly to the Police.

Student Services has more information which may be useful for students affected by sexual harassment or assault.

How do I join the SU?

All registered doctoral students are automatically members of the SU, just as other Bath students are. Doctoral students can join SU societies, come to SU events and stand as reps, but the SU also offers some doctoral-only opportunities.