Spaces at The Edge
Book rooms in Edge spaces to de-stress, play our pianos, practice your instrument or sing, and take a bit of time for your creative and mental wellbeing.
Rooms available and capacities are:
- Amp Room (bookable only via MusicSoc)
- Fine Art Studio
- Music Practice Room 1
- Music Practice Room 2
- Buchan Solo Practice Room
- Choral Practice Room
- Music Studio
- Ensemble Room
- Dance Studio
Rooms can be booked by signing up for Edge Membership here, and then emailing email@example.com with your booking request.
Please read the below information about how to access and use our rooms safely, particularly around room capacities.
- You must pre-book a practice space, you cannot turn up without making a prior booking
- Students are allowed one hour of practice space per day
- The spaces must never exceed their room capacity.
- You must submit your booking request by 16:30 the working day before your booking or it will not be processed
- You must ensure you have an email confirmation of your booking before you can access the space
Room Booking Guide
Individual Rehearsal Risk Assessment
How to access your booked room
You must wear a mask around the building until you are in your individual room.
All practice rooms are on Level 2 except for the Dance Studio on Level 3. Please let us know when you book if you will need to access via the lift.
Library card access to the room you have booked will be automatically granted for your booking slot.
If you are struggling to access a booked space, try the following steps:
- Check you're not early (even by a couple of minutes)?
- Check everyone has bought membership to the society (this includes committee)
- Tapping your library card twice (this can sometimes refresh the system)
- Having different people try their library cards
For issues with access during office opening hours, please call into the Edge office on level 2. Outside of office opening times, contact Security on 01225 385349.