Edge Opening Hours:
Mon - Fri 10am - 10pm
Sat 10am - 8pm
Sun 10am - 6pm
Individual Room Bookings
Rooms can be booked by signing up for Edge Membership here, and then emailing email@example.com with your booking request. Individuals can book up to 1 hour a day, up to 3 days a week. Please note:
- You must pre-book a practice space, please do not access the building without making a prior booking
- You must submit your booking request by 4.30pm the working day before your booking or it will not be processed
- You must ensure you have an email confirmation of your booking before you can access the space
Rooms available are:
- Digital Studio
- Amp Room (bookable via MusicSoc)
- Fine Art Studio
- Music Practice Room 1
- Music Practice Room 2
- Buchan Solo Practice Room
- Music Studio
- Choral Practice Room
- Ensemble Room
- Dance Studio
Click here for more details about individual bookings: Room Booking Guide
Society and Group Practice Spaces at The Edge
SU groups and societies can also book regular rehearsals, ad hoc sessions and shows. Rooms are available for hourly bookings for up to 2hrs per day, 4 days a week.
Click here for more details about society/group bookings: Edge Societies' Guide 21-22 coming soon!
- Must submit risk assessments to the SU Arts team for all activity due to take place at the Edge. Edge risk assessments to assist in this process are available here.
- Must submit booking requests by 12pm the working day before a booking or it will not be accepted.
- Individuals must scan the Edge QR code for track and trace purposes.
- Arrive and leave promptly to ensure cleaning and ventilation between bookings.
- Must clean all surfaces and equipment (including tables and chairs) before and after use in the room. Cleaning equipment is available in all Edge rooms.
How to access Edge rooms
- Go up the stairs on the left of the main entrance to Level 2 rooms. The Dance Studio on Level 3 is accessible from Level 2 only. Please inform us if you will need to access via the lift.
- Wear a mask while in the building until you are in your booked room.
If you are struggling to access a booked space, try the following steps:
- Check you're not early (even by a couple of minutes)?
- Check everyone has bought membership to the society (this includes committee)
- Tapping your library card twice (this can sometimes refresh the system)
- Having different people try their library cards
For issues with access during office opening hours, please call into the Edge office on level 2. Outside of office opening times, contact Security on 01225 385349.
For all rooms all students must adhere to the following procedures:
- Do not exceed room capacity.
- Do not attend any sessions in this room if you or anyone in your household has any symptoms (high temperature, new continuous dry cough, loss or change to sense of taste or smell), in which case you should self-isolate according to government guidelines.
- Do not obscure any source of ventilation and leave vents open where possible.
- After your activity has finished, please leave all windows and vents open. This is to ensure maximum ventilation between room use.
- You must clean any equipment, furniture or instruments in the room before and after use with cleaning products provided.
- You are encouraged to wear face coverings in our public, indoor spaces and when moving between indoor spaces.
- You are encouraged to take regular lateral flow tests.