Edge Opening Hours:
Mon - Fri 9am - 10pm
Sat 10am - 8pm
Sun 10am - 6pm
The Edge office is open Mon - Fri 10am - 4pm,
For questions about bookings, contact the Arts Team at email@example.com
Individual Room Bookings
If you'd like to be able to book our small practice rooms, you will need to sign up to Edge membership. Edge membership is free for 2021/22 and will be valid for the duration of the academic year.
In order to get Edge membership, please visit our sign-up page found here
- Individual room bookings are limited to a maximum of 2 hours per day, up to 4 hours total per week
- Rooms may be booked between 2 hours and 1 week in advance. If emailing to book please leave extra time for us to respond
Rooms available are:
- Music Practice Room 1
- Music Practice Room 2
- Buchan Solo Practice Room
- Choral Practice Room
- Dance Studio (please email us to request this)
- Music Studio (please email us to request this)
Rooms can be booked via our online room-booking portal called Agora. You can find out information on how to access Agora and create an account in our Individual user's guide. It will however take us a little time to process your membership before you can fully access the bookings system.
Agora Individual Room Bookings Site
Click here for full details on room bookings, using Agora, and accessing rooms: The Edge Individual Users Guide
Society and Group Practice Spaces at The Edge
SU groups and societies book all of their shows and regular rehearsals when the booking requests forms are sent out to committees in March. This means that you should already have rehearsal time booked for your society in our calendar.
Booking additional rehearsals
Societies can also book extra ad-hoc rehearsal time throughout the year. Societies can each nominate 2 designated room bookers, who will be given access to the societies Agora room booking portal.
- Rooms are available for hourly bookings for a maximum of up to 2 hours per day, 6 hours total a week.
- Rooms may be booked between 2 hours and 2 weeks in advance
- You MUST have a society risk assessment in place before using the rooms
All rooms booked by the society will be accessible to all society members automatically on their library cards.
Agora Society Room Bookings Site
Show and event bookings
Your shows are all booked in for this year, but you will need to do a few things ahead of your show in order to get ready. The steps for this are:
- Organise tech for your show. If you need support from BTS you can send a booking request here
- Complete an Event Planner
- Put tickets on sale by filling out our Ticketing and Event Information Form
- Write and send your Risk Assessment
If you'd like to hold an event in the Edge, please email the Arts Team to enquire. We now have a new Event Space in the foyer, and would love to hear your ideas for how to use it. All events booked in will need to follow the above steps.
Click here for more details about society/group bookings: The Edge Societies Guide
Fill in this form for all events held in the Edge: Ticketing and Event Information Form
You must follow these each time you use a room
- Do not exceed room capacity
- Do not attend any sessions in this room if you or anyone in your household has any symptoms (high temperature, new continuous dry cough, loss or change to sense of taste or smell), in which case you should self-isolate according to government guidelines
- Do not obscure any source of ventilation and leave vents open where possible
- After your activity has finished, please leave all windows and vents open. This is to ensure maximum ventilation between room use
- You must clean any equipment, furniture, or instruments in the room before and after use with cleaning products provided
- You are encouraged to wear face coverings in our public, indoor spaces and when moving between indoor spaces.
- You are encouraged to take regular lateral flow tests