Solo Practice Spaces at The Edge
SU Arts is delighted to announce that the Edge is now open for individual practice from Tuesday 20th April! Book hour slots in Edge spaces to de-stress, play our pianos, practice your instrument or sing, and take a bit of time for your creative and mental wellbeing.
Open between 9am - 5.30pm, rooms can be booked by signing up for Edge Membership here, and then emailing email@example.com with your booking request. Please note:
- You must pre-book a practice space, please do not access the building without making a prior booking
- Students can book one hour maximum of practice space per day
- The spaces may only have one student in them at a time
- You must submit your booking request by 4.30pm the working day before your booking or it will not be processed
- You must ensure you have an email confirmation of your booking before you can access the space
Room Booking Guide
Rooms available are:
- Digital Studio (bookable via MusicSoc)
- Amp Room (bookable via MusicSoc)
- Fine Art Studio
- Music Practice Room 1
- Music Practice Room 2
- Buchan Solo Practice Room
- Ensemble Room
- Choral Practice Room
- Dance Studio
Please read the below information about how to access and use our rooms safely, particularly as the Edge is still being used as a Covid-19 test centre (handy for when you've got a room booked!).
How to access rehearsal rooms:
- Access to Edge rooms is via the side door to the left of the main entrance. Please use the hand sanitiser at the bottom of the stairs
- Go straight up the stairs to the practice rooms on Level 2. Please let us know when you book if you will need to access via the lift
- Library card access to the room you have booked will be automatically granted for your booking slot.
- If library card access does not work, please knock on the office door and a member of staff can let you into your room. This is a new system so if you have persistent problems with this please let us know via the SU Arts email
- You must wear a mask while in the building until you are in your individual room
How to use the room:
- Please use the cleaning products in the room to disinfect surfaces and the door handle at the start AND at the end of your practice slot
- Be mindful of others and leave the room tidy, taking any rubbish with you.
- Please leave at your scheduled time – we need to leave a 30-minute gap between all practices to allow the room to ventilate
When exiting the building:
- Leave via the route you came in and do not go through the foyer
- Wear a mask